Salary ranges from £25,000 / year – £30,000 / year depending on experience.
Our venue manager role requires someone with a passion for motorsports and an interest in sim racing. Experience with rFactor or rFactor 2 and Steam would be a bonus but not essential.
We would ideally like someone who will a embrace the opportunity to try out new marketing and event ideas as well as new technology and software.
Our state-of-the-art racing simulation centre features a triple screen racing experience in Oxford. We are investing in new technology to improve our already thriving venue and we are looking for a new experienced and enthusiastic venue manager to join our team at The Race Hut to help take our venue to new heights, including the recent introduction of VR racing.
The Race Hut Oxford is a racing simulator centre on the outskirts of Oxford. Featuring 16 triple-screen racing pods and state-of-the-art racing simulation software, our venue is a popular choice in Oxford for group days out, corporate team building events, birthday parties and charity events.
As the venue manager your role will be rather varied, although some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Team – organising staff rotas, building team moral and training staff in all aspects of the business and customer service
- Bookings – taking phone bookings and payments, contacting customers, updating our online booking system with new events
- Races – Helping to run races regularly, interacting and engaging with customers and maintaining our high level of customer service
- Food and Drink sales and management – monitoring sales and stock levels and ordering new stock
- Creating Reports – creating monthly financial reports to send to the shareholders and bookkeepers
- Venue upkeep – Keeping the venue looking and working perfectly. Maintaining and keeping updated the race management hardware and software we use (you will be fully trained in all aspects of our equipment)
- Marketing – Thinking of new ideas to market the venue, from new event types to new social media campaigns. Also, liaising with the marketing team and working with them to help create original content for our website’s blog, social media pages and printed media
- At least a year of management experience in the race events or hospitality industry, ideally managing an entertainment venue
- A motivated, friendly and organised individual with the drive to help our venue and team grow
- A keen enthusiasm in racing is essential to work with us.
- Confidence with technology, social media, and computers is also essential for this role
- Experience using Excel spreadsheets and booking system back-ends
- Although not essential the following additional skills and experience would be a huge advantage
- Social media management and marketing
- A love of racing and experience in the industry
- Experience using rFactor/rFactor 2 and Steam
- Marketing as well as business knowledge and experience
- Trained in first aid
If you love racing and think you would be the perfect fit for our company, then please apply, send your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com with the Subject – ‘Race Hut Manager – Vacancy‘.